Air france, belgian embassy, belgian in need of help, belgian ministery, belgian stuck in argentina, canceled Air France flights, canceled flights, coronavirus, coronavirus in argentina, mibuenosairesproyect, mybuenosairesproject, repatriation of belgians, total lock down
Slowly but surely this whole adventure is turning into a complete nightmare. Or rather, a complete joke.
Just recapitulate. I’m sure you already lost me a long time ago.
1. We had an Air France flight leaving on the 31st from BA. It was canceled after Argentina refused planes from countries affected by the virus.
2. We rebooked AF on the same date via Sao Paolo. It was canceled as AF decided to stop flying after the 23th.
3. We rebooked a flight leaving on the 23th. It was canceled because the first part (GOL) was canceled.
4. We were rebooked on the 24th, first part with LATAM. The first flight got canceled.
5. We got rebooked on the same day, earlier flight. Later that was canceled too.
6. We got rebooked on the 27th, first part with GOL. A few hours later that was canceled.
7. Eeeehhmmm. What happens now? Should we still trust Air France and believe they will bring us back? I have certainly lost faith. They just book you on whatever flight not checking if it is still flying.
We have been on the phone and texting to different airline companies and official institutions all afternoon and evening, but to no avail. We even considered a flight through Addis Ababa but thought 5000 usd a bit over our budget.
We are especially dissapointed that our embassy and government is letting us down.
Tomorrow we will yet have another day of calling and searching for a flight. Or maybe we should just start to accept that we will be here for a few weeks or months. Doing nothing. Waiting….
Addendum on Tuesday 24/3
8. I am rebooked by Air France leaving on Thursday EZE-GRU (operated by aerolineas) GRU-CDG. My husband can go on Saturday : EZE-GRU-LONDON-PARIS operated by British airways.
9. Within 12 hours both flights were canceled.
Addendum on 25/3
10. We booked a flight on Ethiopian airlines, EZE-GRU-ADD-BRU we checked in, went to the airport on the 25th. We first tried to get on an AF repatriation flight (failed), later that day the flight of Ethiopian got canceled.
11. Our Air France flight was rebooked. Mine was leaving on the 27th EZE-GRU (by aerolineas) GRU-CDG (AF) and husband on Saturday through British airways. We called AF, they confirm what we already knew : there are no flights to GRU, and they can’t get into the ‘system’. He confirmed that both flights are canceled. We rebooked them on the 1st available flight after the airport reopens. That is May 5th
Addendum 26th of March
12. We are offered to book on a repatriation flight of AF, EZE-CDG on the 29th. We rebooked our flights of May 5 to this weekend.