It’s not even 10 am and I have already cleaned the entire house, done the laundry, emptied and stored the suitcases, and I even have had time to drink various coffees. It must be that I have finally become the perfect housewife?
Maybe the fact that we had just arrived home the day before, a day I had spend sneezing every 5 seconds and emptied a complete Kleenex box in no time, probably had something to do with my sudden eager to clean. Two months and a half of dust had gathered, well, about everywhere.
But I guess I should truly blame it on the jet lag I say I never suffer from. Traveling through time zones has always been easier on me then the daylight saving time, which stays in my body for days if not weeks. But then a time difference of merely 5 or 6 hours isn’t exactly the end of the world.
Traveling east is easy as long as you don’t have to wake up at ungodly hours, traveling west is even easier if you don’t mind making some early mornings. And if all goes well, in less then 5 days your back in your normal rhythm.
But here are some tips to get over a jet lag :
1. The flight : Change your clock to the time of destination as soon as you get on the plane
2. NEVER EVER THINK ABOUT THE TIME IN YOUR PREVIOUS DESTINATION.
3. The first day : When traveling east : do not have a nap on your first day. Try not to book anything for the first night, and go to bed when you ‘feel it’s time’, even if your watch says only 9 pm. If you miss this moment, you’re up for a long night and a couple of difficult days. When traveling west, it is ok to have a nap, and try to go to bed as late as possible. Make sure the room is blacked out, or use an eyemask.
4. NEVER EVER THINK ABOUT THE TIME IN YOUR PREVIOUS DESTINATION.
5. In both cases, take melatonin half an hour before you go to bed during 5 Days. It brings your sleeping rhythm back on track.
6. But the golden rule is NEVER EVER THINK ABOUT THE TIME IN YOUR PREVIOUS DESTINATION.
But although I do feel the jet lag, it doesn’t really bother me. And it certainly won’t stop me from traveling through time zones. It is only when it comes to communicating that time zones bother me. And, with kids on each side of the atlantic, that is about all the time.
Super glad to be back in BA, super happy to be home again. Now close in time to my daughter, and far from son. But no worries, times are changing soon.
3 responses to “The Perfect Housewife”
Eindelijk tijd gehad om je nieuwe blog te lezen! Gelijk altijd zeer goed!
Is that the Sheraton Hotel in Av Cordoba?
No ir is not. It is in microcentro. I forgot the name but will look it up as it is a great bar, to be recommended. 🙂